Keep In Touch

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

the best part.

"you don't know the real me"

"i feel like i don't even know you"

maybe these statements have been said to you before.
they seem to cut deep.
you thought you really knew someone, then that relationship all of a sudden seemed bruised.
or, you shared your heart countless times with no evidence of growth.

there is great hope found in my relationship with Jesus.
sweet hope.
and no matter what people say to me,
i know
that i know Him
and He knows me.

our relationship isn't based on heat of the moment emotions.
or hurt feelings.
or feelings at all.

i love Him
because He first loved me.
and His love for me is instinctual...
it's part of His nature.
i'm His.

so, if you're feeling sad today...
maybe you need to remember...
that God knew your parts before they existed.
He knows your name.
He's capturing every tear you shed.
He knows the number of hairs on your head.
He knows your every thought.
your every move.
your every desire.
He knows your needs...
your goals...
your plans...
He's there to share a cup of tea with.
lean on Him.
speak to Him.
run to Him.
He's your friend.
He's singing over you today...
a sweet melody...
cradling you in His arms...
His embrace of grace.

the best part of knowing Him
is the intensity with which He knows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment