Keep In Touch

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Destination:Serenity

This Saturday morning as I lounge around the house, I realized how good God is...

About a month or so ago, I wouldn't even be here by myself out of my own fear and anxiety of being alone. I kind of assumed I would always be like that even though I wasn't like that before...I noticed this morning the sound of the quiet rain through my slightly opened windows and the slow rush of cars passing by. And then I realized...hey, I'm by myself....I decided I like this destination of serenity much more than the temptation to clutter my mind with such distressing emotions especially since there were only imagined threats anyways. For any of you who've ever had God preform any type of healing in your life, we know that it is a daily journey and every day you need to offer yourself over to Him and trust that He knows what He's doing...and He always does. Eventually, you find yourself feeling like "you" again and it almost comes out of no where. Thank God He fights our enemies for us!! How great is His love for us!

"In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant."
Psalm 143:12

No comments:

Post a Comment