i've learned that...
1. her definition of "the end of the world" is not the same as mine.
2. a low grade fever can cause hours and hours of research on the internet...coupled with a rash, it could cause a near mental breakdown.
3. sending text messages about poop is acceptable...picture texts are borderline.
4. empty paper towel rolls, tags, my pocketbook and the package of wipes are the best toys.
5. doctors don't know everything.
6. her laugh changes everything.
7. mandarin oranges, blueberries, green beans and peas are all weird when seen post-digestion (see number 3)
8. i can sleep through a blaring alarm clock; but if her breathing changes slightly, i'm wide awake.
9. people who think dogs are the same as kids are delusional.
10. ironing clothes is overrated because we're just going to be wrinkled again in .25 seconds.
11. being with her all day is physically exhausting...but getting the chance to be out alone is almost just as exhausting emotionally.
12. teething bites (pun intended).
13. she thinks i'm the worst mom in the world because i force her to wear her seatbelt in her car seat, i wash her hands and face, and i change her clothes... worst. mom. in the world.
14. she's pretty resilient with a 5 second rebound.
15. taking care of my cranky baby in the middle of the night makes me feel like the most important person in the world.