Keep In Touch

Friday, February 3, 2012

there are days when mykenzie is just fussy...for no apparent reason...
she just needs all my attention.
she's smiling as long as i'm holding her or talking to her.
most days, she's the most content baby i've ever seen.
but days like today,
she's a bit needy...
which is fine...
since she's only 4 months old.
usually, i can see that she's getting sleepy and just lay her down for her nap.
but today, she demanded pacing and rocking.
i admit,
i was annoyed.
i just wanted to sit down.
my back hurt.
i haven't even showered yet.
as i rock her in the chair in her nursery,
her body finds rest
and her eyes roll backwards
her eyelids become heavy
she smiles behind her pacifier
she finally nods off into dreamland...
...and although i was anxious to get other things accomplished..
i held onto her for another 15 minutes while she slept.
it's in moments like those,
my heart becomes whole all over again.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy those moments. I kick myself now that my rainbow baby is 2 and won't let me rock him to sleep anymore, that I didn't just soak those moments in more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. thanks, jen! i feel like i do soak a lot of it up, but time is already going so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete