Keep In Touch

Thursday, April 14, 2011

perks

being labeled "high risk" is annoying...only depending on who's doing the labeling...when it's my doctor, it gives me a sense of security...it's like, "hmm...she knows i need her to pay attention to me"...it's incredibly reassuring to have that on the front page of my file :)


another perk to this label is bi-monthly ultrasounds...mine started at 16 weeks and will continue until delivery. i may even get to go every week leading up to week 24. with all the stress that comes with the label, it's rewarding to see my baby growing in front of my eyes.


so, this past monday, my husband and i anxiously went for our first ultrasound since the tadpole-looking days...we knew that being 16 plus however many days along that we might be able to find out whether "it" is a "he" or "she"...


the ultrasound tech preceded to spread the usual messy concoction all over my stomach all while commenting on how modest my baby is...this will be good in the future, post-utero stages; but right then, i was looking for a serious reveal... i reluctantly began understanding that we probably weren't gonna get the tell-all pictures we were hoping for when all of a sudden we heard these sweet words:


you're having a baby girl!!


baby girl? baby girl?!?!


...that was 3 days ago...since then i've been tailspinning in a world of baby beautifulness...pink Red Sox hoodie, cutie owl onesies, crib bedding...

i'm hopelessly

in love

with this baby girl

(and all her accessories).


...and i'll see her sweet face again on April 27th...i already can't wait.

2 comments: