Keep In Touch

Saturday, May 9, 2009

delight

I've been thinking today about the verse in the bible that says, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart".....What do you think this verse means?

Right now, I'm waiting on God for a couple of BIG things that I don't really want to get into right now on the internet. I feel like I "delight in the Lord" and He knows the "desires of my heart" so what's the hold up? I can't help but wonder, "Why am I still waiting?"

It's times like this that I have to remember that God's perfect timing is far greater than mine...I actually prefer His timing above my own....But does God refrain from giving you what you want in order to "teach" you or "mold" you? I think so....

Also, I was talking to a friend about this....I was only slightly frustrated at the time and I asked "How much more does He want me to learn?!! I feel like I already learned a lot!"....Her reply was simple but struck a chord in me...."Maybe He's teaching someone else through you". I'm gonna have to be ok with that...once you surrender yourself to what God wants to use you for, you become His instrument to be used how He wants to, when He wants to...

So, while I'm waiting...what is God doing? I don't think He is up there twiddling His thumbs or sitting on His hands.....and I don't think He's holding out on me....I think He's preparing something great!! And I think when it is revealed, all of us will step back and say, "Wow, look at how AWESOME God is!"

So, while I'm waiting....What will I be doing? the song tells it all....

No comments:

Post a Comment